Friday 18 May 2018

Beach Huts

I've been playing around with this layout for quite some time. I don't get much time to scrapbook and seldom create a layout in one sitting. I usually start a layout, leave it where I can see it and then return to it when I have time or when inspiration strikes.

For this very simple layout I used papers from My Minds Eye's 'The Sunny Side' collection. I've had the collection since 2012 when I won it in a give away on the My Minds Eye blog. I've created two other layout with the collection since then and also some cards and still have load left. I love stash busting but it's taking me quite a while to use up all of this collection.


My layout used two photos of the brightly coloured beach huts at Wells Next the Sea.


I cut hexagons from the patterned paper and stitched these onto a white cardstock background.


Bunting made from more of the patterned paper and bakers twine was added to the left side of the layout and I used tiny alphabet stickers resting on the bunting for the name of the place where the photos were taken.


At the bottom of the layout I stuck a chipboard border from the collection and a shorter part of another chipboard boarder was stuck at the top.


My layout was completed by adding various word strips on the right side. These were from various sticker sheets - Simple Stories, etc. and where chosen because the colours co-ordinated with the layout and the words were appropriate.

No comments: