Wednesday 11 April 2018

That was a good night out

I started this layout whilst on my crafty weekend away last month and took it home to finish. Boy did I struggle with it! Its quite a busy page and I just couldn't figure out how to complete it but finally, nearly a month after it was started, I think its finished 😊

The photographs were taken at a pub in the Norfolk village where we holidayed last October. We have holidayed in this particular Norfolk village many times but had never visited the pub. On this occasion we did, and were really pleased we did because it is a gem.


For my layout I started with a background sheet of 12" x 12" cream diagonal stripe patterned paper from the My Minds Eye Follow Your Heart collection. On the background I matted a sheet of wood grain patterned paper which I had trimmed 5mm off of each edge. I'm not 100% sure but think the paper was probably from the My Minds Eye Miss Caroline collection.

I printed four photos approx 2.5" square, matted these on white cardstock and stuck them to the right side of the layout.


Two pieces of the cream diagonal stripe patterned paper were added as well as two manila tags.




I then added all manner of embelishments from numerous manufacturers - stickers, enamel dots, die cuts, images cut from patterned paper scraps, a image of a beer label downloaded from the internet that I printed in sepia and a stamped arrow. I just added bits and pieces which I thought went with the theme and colour scheme.


I die cut my title and additional letter stickers from Simple Stories were added to complete it.


 Journalling strips were printed on white cardstock on the computer and the date was added with tiny black letter stickers.

No comments: